come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Saturday, April 16, 2016

April Ipsy Bag






I love the actual makeup bag this month!! It is so pretty and it makes me happy to look at it. When I look at it I think of summer and beaches and fun times. Just what is needed at this point in the ever changing spring weather we have been having. 






The first item out of the bag this month wasn't even actually in the bag it was along side the bag in the mailing envelope and it is a really nice highlighter brush from the folks at Luxie. Their website doesn't show this exact brush sold alone (at least not that I could find) but they have what looks to be the same brush with a different color handle for $24. I really like the brush I got and am looking forward to using it soon.

The real dud for me in my bag was the Anti-aging serum from Skin &Co. I had hopes for it when I saw what it was, then one whiff of the scent and all hope was gone. I can't stand the smell of this, I have no idea what it is that makes it smell the way it does but for me there is just no way I would ever use this one. I think I found this product on the company's website and if I am right this stuff retails for $70 for a 1 fluid ounce bottle. I guess I will be saving a lot of money since I don't like the smell of this product. LOL







The third product to be looked at was the Tarte LipSurgence lip crème in Wonder. I really love the color of this one and I am sure I will probably use the entire sample size up in a short time. The full size product retails for $24.















Next up was the Starlooks eyeliner pencil in Jet. I have been wanting to try this brand so I am very excited to have it in the bag this month. From the swatch I did on my hand it goes on wonderfully, I am looking forward to giving it a try and see how long it lasts on my eyes. I am assuming this is a full size pencil and they retail for $16.

And last but no least was the highlighter trio from City Colors. Just from swatching it on my hand I am guessing that this set is the perfect for my skin tone and a girl can never have too many choices when it comes to highlighters. The sample that came in the bag appears to be about half the size of the actual trio that is sold by the company for $8.99.

So that was the Ipsy bag for the month of April 2016. Overall I am very happy with the contents once again this month. I love getting the new products and brands to try out.


No comments:

Post a Comment