come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Friday, December 18, 2015

December 2015 Ipsy Bag Opening




This month the Ipsy Bag itself is a really festive red, it really looks very “Christmasy” and I do love that. I must say it is very stiff and plastic so it does look much better than it feels. I do like that it is a different shape than the bags I have received in the past. Overall I think it is a winner.



The contents this month were really on point for me.

I have been thinking I need to try a new primer and the Ipsy bag provides one this month from Elizabeth Mott cosmetics. The retail price is $20 for a tube twice the size as the one in the bag. If I like it I will probably buy one for sure.



Next up is the Tarte Cosmetics Smooth Operator finishing powder, this is part of their Amazonian Clay line. I have not tried this product before, I will give it a try but I do have a powder I really love. If I like this one I might use it also though. If not I know someone that might like it. The full size of this product retails for $33 for approximately 4 times what comes in the sample here.


The Skinn Sugar Lips lip scrub is something I am really looking forward to trying. My lips like my skin are very dry so this should help them a lot. I used to make a lip scrub but haven't for a long time. The retail price for this is $20 for a container about twice the size of the sample. I notice that it also comes in a Strawberry Daiquiri flavor (this one is just called “Original”) This is another product that I would definitely consider purchasing if I like it. I know what a difference a good lip scrub does for the way my lips feel.


The hand lotion is possibly the thing I love the most this month. I know I have said many times I have extremely dry skin and this lotion feels amazing! I love that it moisturizes so well and at the same time leaves no greasy feel on my hands. Those are two really important things for me. The tube in the bag is 1 oz and online I found this lotion for $21 for a 4 oz tube. I think my shopping list just got a little longer because I am already in love with this stuff.



And finally the lipstick, I do love a nude lip and this is such a pretty color. It is just dark enough to be there but not so dark that it screams “I'm here” if you know what I mean. The perfect color for a casual look. My only concern is that it seemed really shear on my hand. I will have to actually put it on my lips to make a decision about how I feel about it. According to what I am finding online this product is sold exclusively at Target. It appears to come in 5 color choices and the retail price is $9.99.


So for me this was a really winning bag. I love almost everything in it and can't wait to try them all out. I am really glad Christmas is this coming week so I have a good excuse to wear some makeup and try these products.


So do you get an Ipsy Bag? What did you get in yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment