come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Plan with Me- Halloween!!




Since this is the week of Halloween I am just kind of using a general Halloween theme for my plan with me. I had purchased a bunch of the Darice sticker books in different Halloween themes and hadn't really used them very much so I decided to depend on them for the décor this week. I have to say I am not really all that happy with the end result but maybe by the end of the week I will like it more.

Also since this is the last week for the October colors I wanted to use up the extra stickers I had made this month. I hated to see them just sitting there not being used. Mostly I had the full check boxes left and I like how that part came together. I debated a lot about whether I should make a couple of green ones to tie the green from some of the stickers in better but in the end I didn't. I still am not sure if it would have been better or not if I had.

I did make some full box decorative boxes since I had used up most of those and I like to use them. I got to use a few different designs that had come in my batch of digital paper I had purchased as well as I got to use some of my favorites again.

This is my 4th week using the dinner tracker in my planner and even though I never thought I would like it, I have to say I love it! I use it mainly as a record of what we had for dinner and I only list the main dish but I love to be able to look back and see when we ate different things. I have also found I am using up the leftovers a lot better because a quick glance at my planner reminds me of what we ate so I can remember if I have leftovers to eat at lunch time. It will also come in handy when my son starts in with his “you haven't made____ in a long time” I can now say when we did have that.

I am really enjoying the making of the stickers a lot for my planner. I am slowly finding myself understanding my Cricut a lot better. I am not to the point where I want to do any videos with it yet although, I am going to do some card making videos using items I have cut on it. I think the two main problems I am still having are my slow internet speeds where I live and for some reason the Cricut and my printer don't seem to communicate very well.

I think as far as making the stickers goes though I am developing my own style and I love putting together my weeks. It is just so much fun to do.

Now onto the deocor for this week. I am just not sure how I feel about it. I love looking at all the cute stickers in the Darice sticker books but I am just not sure how I like them in my planner. I did a week in August and I liked it a lot better. Maybe it is just I don't like the Halloween ones in my planner. One problem I ran into was finding stickers that would even fit. All the ones I really liked were way too big to go in the planner. Also the colored backgrounds were a problem for me. Especially since several of the ones I ended up using were on a turquoise background, they just don't fit in since that color is no where else. But, I just didn't see what I wanted on the other pages.

I am going to really concentrate on making the sticker books work next month. I have 4 of the Thanksgiving theme ones and I am going to use one book per week. This time I am going to be making the rest of the stickers to go with the backgrounds so I can see if it works better that way. Also I think the backgrounds in those books work better for the colors I am comfortable using.


Thank you for reading my rambling blog post today, I think I should have gotten more coffee this morning before I tried to write but I am trying to get everything uploaded. Hopefully, you made it through the post so you can look at these photos of my planner pages. 



No comments:

Post a Comment