come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Saturday, October 17, 2015

October 2015 IPSY Bag


It's the middle of the month so that means another IPSY bag to open. I am really enjoying these a lot. I have to admit I wasn't so sure about them when I signed up but I am glad I did now.


This is bag number 3 for me and I am definitely starting to have some opinions on what I like to get and what really doesn't do it for me. I have liked most the of the bags so far although I must say this month is my least favorite and I will get into that in a bit. I have liked most of the makeup and the nail polish I got I have used several times now. As far as the skin items so far I haven't found any that I even like.

Now onto this month.

The theme seems to be “Alter Ego” which seems appropriate with Halloween coming at the end of this month.

The bag.... Well I really like the gold side, very pretty and it feels nice. As for the black side.... I really don't care for the shiny black material. I know it is going to show every finger print and bit of dust. Heck, it came out the envelope needing to be cleaned up. So I have a feeling that this bag will end up sitting and not getting used that much.

















The first item I pulled out of the bag was an eye shadow brush from Royal & Langnickel with a retail value of $3.99. I am really excited about this because I know they make some excellent artist brushes so I am looking forward to see if this carries over to the make up brush too. I do love a good brush.



Next was a tub of MICA Beauty Cosmetics cream eye shadow in bronze. I was disappointed to find a crack on the top surface and it really feels like a thick skin has formed on the top of the product. When I did get down past this layer it is creamy and it is a pretty color. I don't use a lot of cream shadows but sometimes they are just the what is needed as a base under another product. I want to mention it was actually hard to wash off the swatch I had on my hand so I am hoping this means the product will wear all day when I do get around to using it.

Our next product was the Argan Face Serum from Nourish Organic retail price of the full size: $23.99. It is a really thin oily product and remained sticky on my hand until I washed it away. Not sure how that will translate to my face and I am not sure I really want to find out. I really don't like sticky face products.








The liquid lipstick from Meet Matt(e) Hughes is a gorgeous color!! I can't wait to try it out. I really hope it wears well because I love the color that much! (full size retails for $17)














The last item in the bag this month was a Scrub Me nice and gritty body scrub. I am excited about this one partly because of the fragrance. I can't put my finger exactly on what it reminds me off just that it for some reason makes me think of my grandma and grandpa's house from when I was really little.Full size of this product (8 oz) is $22.99)




So that was my bag for this month. Did you get an IPSY bag? What did you get? 

No comments:

Post a Comment