come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Saturday, October 31, 2015

Fall Card for a Friend


This week I decided I wanted to make a card for a wonderful friend that has been going through some health problems and I decided to turn the camera on and let you all join me.



When I started I really wasn't sure where I was going with the card design. I knew that I wanted to use my maple leaf stamp with my Perfect Pearls on a dark color paper. I have used this technique in the past and I love how it looks when done. I wish the camera could do it justice because it just glows and I feel it is a must in the fall for a card. I picked out a sheet of dark brown card stock from a package I had picked up at JoAnn's a while back. Then I dug out my leaf stamp, this one is from a set from Hero Arts that I have had in my collection for a couple of years. I am not sure if this exact stamp is still available but I am sure you can find a leaf stamp that you love just as much.

So the first step was to cover the sheet of brown paper with some random maple leaves in the different colors of Perfect Pearls. The sets of Perfect Pearls come with everything you need to use them (4 containers of Perfect Pearls, 2 brushes and a small pad of Perfect Medium) Just use the Perfect Medium on your stamp like any ink and them brush/dab on the Perfect Pearls. Brush off any excess and repeat with as many colors and leaves as you want on your page.

When I was finished with my stamping and applying of the Perfect Pearls I simply misted the page with some plain water. This will help to set the Perfect Pearls so they don't rub off the paper. Allow the page to dry. I cut mine to size off camera.

Next I got out my new set of phrase stamps and used the one about friends. I stamped this on a 2” strip of a Vanilla card stock (same package as the brown) then added a gold embossing powder. Heat this with a heat gun to melt the embossing powder.


















Now it was time to assemble. I used my tape runner to attach the leaf sheet to the card front. Then some foam tape to attach my sentiment band. I waited until I had the band adhered to the card to cut it to size so I could place the sentiment just where I wanted it.

Since this card has to travel all the way across the country I wanted to keep the card fairly simple (better chance of it arriving in good condition that way)


I hope you enjoyed the card I made and come back again next time. Thanks for watching my video and checking out my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment