come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Friday, September 4, 2015

XYRON Create a Sticker



Last week when I was getting ready to fill out my day planner for the week I decided that some of the designs I wanted for stickers would just look so much better if they were printed on photo paper. I figured no problem since I have one of those little Xyron machines that you pull the paper through and it makes whatever you pull through into a sticker. Well, I had 2 problems with that plan. For one the little squares of photo paper were cut just a tiny bit too big to go through the small machine. They went through but just barely and some of them got kind of banged up on the corners. The other problem was that although it is not too big of a deal to do one thing in that machine doing several is a pain in the you know what. It was hard to get them lined up so they would even go through and then some got caught in the middle and it was almost more hassle than it was worth.

Since I had a couple of things I wanted to look at Joann Fabric this week I took a stroll down the aisle where they have the various Xyron machines. I was wanted to see just how much it would cost to up one step in these machines and what that would give me over the one I already have. Well, the price wasn't too horrid to go up to the one that has 2 ½” opening and it has a handle so no more trying to reach into the stupid thing to retrieve the end of the sticker sheet.

All these machines seem to come with permanent adhesive in them but you can purchase re-positional adhesive. Since I had run into a few problems with the stickers I had made for my planner being really hard to get lined up since they stuck down immediately I sprung for a roll of the re-positional stuff too.

When I got home I was excited to open the box and get to work making some stickers but I did decide to sit down and read the directions before I did anything. The Create a Sticker is really easy to use and the instructions are very short.

I did have a bit of an issue getting the top open the first time to change the adhesive but after the first time I opened it it works fine now. The adhesive cartridge basically just slides into place and is really easy to change out.

I do like that you can see at a glance which cartridge is installed. I was concerned about how I would know but the label is right there where you slide in the item you want to back with the sticky stuff.

Once you insert your item into the mouth of the Create a Sticker all you need to do is turn the handle in a clock wise direction and it does the rest.

In addition to how easy it is to use another thing I like about this Sticker maker is that the clear cover sheet for the sticker tape is wound onto a spot in the adhesive cartridge. With the little purple version I had before it comes out with the rest of the sticker tape and I was always getting it stuck somewhere I didn't want it.

I have to say I am really happy with my purchase and I have a feeling it is going to get a lot of use in my craft room.


No comments:

Post a Comment