come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Plan With Me- Apple Theme


This week I decided to film my very first plan with me video. I know these will be easier as I practice so please hang in there with me and be patient.



This week as on all the other weeks I have planned so far in my Erin Condren planner I am using printable stickers that I purchased on Etsy. I will have the list of the stickers I used along with links to the shops I purchased them from.

I haven't broken down and ordered regular planner stickers yet because I tend to plan my themes at the last minute and then I need the stickers now. I don't want to wait for the stickers to be printed by someone else and then mailed to me. I guess I am just not patient enough for that yet. Maybe after I have been at this a while I will be able to wait for them. In the meantime I am going to continue with the printable ones.

I have been just using the Avery brand label paper that I picked up at Office Max so far. I am hoping to find some better paper online in the next couple of weeks.

I think I also see one of those electronic cutting machines in my future too. I have been wanting one of those for a couple of years now and I am thinking I might just go ahead and get one soon.

Okay, enough of this let's get onto the planning this week.

I have to admit that the first time I saw the Bohemian Autumn sticker set on Etsy I fell in love. I kept looking at it, I kept going back to that page every time I looked at the stickers. Up until this week I have stuck completely to the color theme that is already in the planner and this one while it coordinated it didn't really match. I went back and forth about whether I wanted to use it or not. Then I just went for it and purchased it.

I decided that even though it was absolutely beautiful I still wanted a theme to bring everything together. After a bit of thought and more looking at the beautiful choices of sets I decided on Apples for my main theme. I love how the three sets I choose to use compliment each other. And I have a bunch of stickers left over to use another time.

In the past I have only used the sticker/label paper to print my stickers on. Since I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful full boxes on the one page I had purchased I decided to print that page on a soft gloss photo paper. I think they turned out stunning! I then ran those pieces through my little purple Xyron sticker machine. I did run into a problem in that the little machine was just a tiny bit too narrow for the size of the boxes. I was happy enough with the process though that I actually purchased a larger sticker machine since I then.

I was smart enough to cut out all my stickers off camera I just need to come up with a better way of organizing them for next time. I think I have an idea and when I finally get it figured out I will show my method in a video.

To begin my planning this week I covered the side bar of the first page and the bottoms of both pages in the spread with some wood grain design scrapbook paper. I like to use this method sometimes instead of the normal washi tape especially since I don't always have tape that goes with my spread. I will show how I do that next time I use the paper but this time I ran into issues with my paper.

When I plan I usually use the top boxes of the Monday- Friday part for my blog and YouTube activities. This week I added full check boxes everyday for that part. I did mess up my filling out on the Monday box but I went back and fixed it after I finished editing the video.

The rest of each day I usually use for everything else that needs to be done. Since I normally plan on Saturday for the coming week I like to leave myself plenty of room to fill out stuff that needs to be done as the week progresses. At the bottom of each day is a hydrate sticker, I tried a larger one for all week on the sidebar a couple of times but I do better with one on each day. I tend to forget about the one on the sidebar later in the week. I like to put any bills that have to be paid at the bottom of the page. That way they stand out more and are less apt to be missed.

On the sidebar I like to have a list of major cleaning jobs I want to get done during the week. I don't worry too much if some of them end up getting pushed to a future week.

I usually add another checklist of some kind to the sidebar and some weeks I use it and some weeks it stays empty. It is there if I need it.

The only other sticker that I put on the side bar is a juice sticker that I made to help me track/remember to drink a glass of juice everyday.

The rest of the sidebar gives me room to decorate a bit with any larger stickers I might want to use and to group some of the smaller ones too. These also carry across the bottom area most weeks.

Some weeks if I have extra decorative stickers I a keep adding them as the week progresses if I have the space after days are over.

At the top of each day I like to put a weather sticker to denote the day's weather. Since our weather tends to be a bit fickle I only put on the first 3 days when I plan and then I add the last 4 days sometime on Wednesday. I also add the temperatures each day since those can change quickly around here. For me I am adding the weather information to look back at not to prepare for so this system works for me.




Now as for the stickers I used this week here are the names of the pages and the shops they came from. Be sure to click on the highlighted name of the shop if you want to check out what they have.

Bohemian Autumn from Ashley Lynn Impression
Apple Picking from Ink Obsessions Designs
Apple Set from Lemon Wishes
Weather Stickers from All About the House
Drink It from Silver Shed Crafts 

Spa Day (bath tub and nail polish bottle) from Little Blue Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment