come back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: https://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/




Saturday, August 22, 2015

August 2015 Ipsy Bag




Join me today at my place to see what I got in my very first Ipsy Bag.

Since I need to put some videos up on the new channel that goes with this blog and I recently received my first Ipsy Bag I thought that would make a good start.



Sorry if the video seems a bit awkward, even though I have certainly done plenty of videos on my other channels this was difficult for me for some reason. I am sure I will get the hang of these new types of videos soon though.

And yeah, I did have to look before I filmed the video to see what I had in the bag. After all this is all new to me and I just couldn't wait to see what was in there.

I really like the bag itself, I think it is really cute! I love, love, love the hot pink with the black and white. Such a pretty combo! And the bag feels really durable, that was something I was concerned about.



So onto the contents of this bag!

Trust Fund Beauty nail polish (color Elegantly Wasted) according to their website this polish sells for $15. I do love the color and can't wait to try it out. I know that I will be doing just that tomorrow when I do my nails. In the photo you can see my swatch stick this is what I do with all my nail polishes before I allow myself to use them I make a swatch stick (I still need to label this one) using 2 coats of the polish. I have one of these sticks done for every one of my polishes. I have them sorted by color on book rings. This makes deciding what color I want much faster and I can consult my swatches before I go shopping for polish so I don't end up with a million bottles that are all the same color.



Doucce Ultra Precision Eyeliner in color 500 the website does call this color Black but on my skin is not a really dark rich black. On my skin it appears to look more like a dark charcoal gray. I will have to actually put it on my eyes to see how it looks there though. The retail price for this eyeliner is $22.



Hikari lip gloss in Merlot, I absolutely love the color of this lip gloss and I can't wait to go somewhere to try it out. The website for this product lists the price at $13. I think this is hands down my very favorite item in the bag.



The Eco-Beauty face cream- this is a nice sized sample pouch of the product. I will be trying it soon. I do like the fact that the sample has a screw off lid so you can use it more than once and not have the rest of the pouch leaking out all over your bathroom. The full size of this product retails for $40 and can be found here.



The Divine Skin Hydrator (in shower body moisturizer) looks very interesting to me since my skin is always soooo dry. I am going to be using this with my very next shower. The sample is 1 oz and the full size (9 oz) retails for $16 dollars according to the website for the product.




So overall I am really pleased with my very first Ipsy bag. I think the value of the contents is definitely worth the cost of the bag. I can't wait for next month to see what comes then.


If I had to pick which items I really don't care about I would say that would be the two samples of moisturizers. Especially the face cream since I am really happy with my current facial skin care routine. The in shower moisturizer sounds cool and I am eager to try it but I really don't care that much.

Do the items you saw here sound interesting to you? If you would like your own Ipsy bag, they only cost $10 and come once a month. You can use the following code to sign up:




No comments:

Post a Comment